Quick Post and Public Service Announcement.
Changes in Fishbowl 2016.13 causes some customers to have problems exporting to QuickBooks Desktop (any version).
- Unable to Connect to QuickBooks
- Unable to Find QuickBooks File
- Unable to Export
- Unable to Test Connection
- QuickBooks unable to be opened
- Secondary QuickBooks Window is opened instead of using existing window
- Fishbowl cannot “see” open QuickBooks file
- End Task Fishbowl Nexus.exe on Fishbowl Server Computer
- Open Fishbowl Nexus.exe in /Fishbowl/server/bin/ without Administrator Privileges
- You can tell when this happens because it will not require a UAC Prompt [Dark Window with Prompt to Confirm launching application with Administrator Privileges]
- Fishbowl Server.exe is now marked to require Administrator Rights
- When exporting to QuickBooks Desktop, Fishbowl Nexus may be started by Fishbowl Server
- If Nexus is started with Server as Administrator, Nexus is opened with Administrator rights
- If QuickBooks is open with Non-Administrator rights, Nexus cannot communicate with QuickBooks
- This is a security feature of Windows COM+
Long Term Fix
- Put a shortcut to Fishbowl Nexus in the windows Startup Folder
- This will cause Fishbowl Nexus to start normally, and able to see non Administrator QuickBooks applications.
- Update to Fishbowl 2016.14
- The new Build Released 11/10/2016